It’s that time of year when all the sales bloggers start telling us how we can make the next year so much better. We’ll hear about sales training exercises, as well as sales tips, and techniques that will deliver superior results. We’ll hear how we need to review last year to see where we can improve and move forward. In light of all this, here are 5 things you absolutely must do.
- Don’t Change Anything – do exactly what you did last year. Don’t think differently. Don’t rearrange your desk. Don’t read any sales tips or suggestions. In fact, stop reading this. Status quo. Status quo.
- Don’t Review – do not even look at this past year. Water under the bridge friend. Let it go. Things will naturally get better.
- Don’t Train – my gosh – don’t even consider a sales training class, book, or blog. They’re all boring, and a waste of time. Keep doing the same things over and over.
- Don’t Ask For Help – just as we don’t ask for directions, don’t ask for help with your sales career – you know what’s best. Sales managers and sales trainers don’t know what it’s like in the real world of selling. Ignore, ignore, ignore.
- Don’t Try Anything New – Look, keep things the same. You don’t want to get knocked off your killer sales game. You’re doing great!
Yes my sales friends, these time tested sales techniques will absolutely crush, squelch, squander, and destroy your sales for this coming year. Give them a go. Let us know how things turn out.